Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Happy Birthday Ruth Ann

 

I’d like to wish my very good friend Ruth Ann a “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” today !!! There’s never a day that goes by that I don’t think of you & miss the get togethers we’ve had playing with our stamps & dies. I’ll be home before you know it & we must plan more time for those days.

I have enough supplies to rival Michael’s or JoAnns & still I procrastinate about getting cards made for those who mean so much to me. Neither of my daughters received cards this year & now here it is my sweet friend Ruth Ann’s birthday & no card sent off to her YET either !!! I do have a little something for her but as is the “norm” for me it will be late … I was thinking of you when I got it & should have had it in the mail days ago.

But for today I’m just going to share a little recipe book that my friends, my daughters & I made awhile back because they were so fun to make & there’s nothing better than sharing the craft we all love. These were so easy to make & made the most wonderful gifts. It was like making little scrapbook pages using recipes instead of pictures & then inserted into plastic sleeves in a small album …

This is a recipe Ruth Ann shared with us & everyone added their own stamps & dies to make it original.

P1060468 

Angel Fluff is a favorite made for most every holiday when my girls were growing up. Now they have families of their own & are continuing the tradition … Its like eating a slice of heaven … yummy !!!

P1060471

Another family favorite, Poppyseed Chicken … LOVE this stuff & the real butter & cream cheese is offset by the chicken cuz that’s healthy, right !!!

P1060472

P1060474

P1060473

Click on these to make larger if you want to see them better.

P1060473P1060478

P1060475P1060476

We’ve made these little recipe albums in 6 x 6 or 8 x 8 …. Hope you give them a try using any of these or your own recipes. All it takes is a little time, a few punches, stickers or stamps & you will make someone happy knowing this was a gift made with a whole lot of love straight from the heart …

Janie

19 comments:

  1. This is fantastic and such a great idea. My diet was going so well until I read the recipes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you blogging Janie! A fabulous idea, one I started too but only got 2 recipes done but nowhere as good as how you have done yours! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant idea :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Janie!!! Love this and will have to put some together!!
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic recipe book Janie..loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea, will have to give this a try one day, nicely done Janie
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute cookbook! (might even inspire me to cook, lol). And don't feel bad, I don't stay current with sending cards to my family and friends either...:( Maybe we can make a resolution next year to push each other to do this???!!! Have fun gallivanting around the West coast. - oh and I love the elephant poop cookies, might just have to make them so I can tell people they are eating elephant poop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. It is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the birthday wishes and it's simply marvelous to see you posting something. I've made a few of these books they are so much fun to make and even better to see the look on the faces of the ones receiving them. hugs, Ruth Ann
    PS. Keep on posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Happy Birthday Ruth Ann!! We miss you and hope you had a wonderful special day. Oh my gosh, we had so much fun making these pages when the girls were little. I loved sitting at that long table in your living room with you and sister, the girls and some of your friends and coming up with different ideas. I miss those days mom and I miss seeing your posts and watching you make your cards. You have a true talent and you should continue to share that with people so we can all smile and live through your creativity and enjoy your "precious memories"! I love you today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Janie....what a great idea for a perfect gift....hope you are well

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year Janie! Great idea and lovely project!

    You asked about Gesso on my blog a while back. I use gesso with a sponge and dab them on my paper. I find that this give it more texture. There's also something call texture paste and I love using it as well. It's a thick paste and works great on mix media project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are a real artist!! such amazing creative ideas!! very varied and all are so pretty !! the card with bunnies is extraordinary! and these recipes are definitely yummy!! kind of dangerous cause you might end up eating the recipe itself !! ^^ hee hee
    superb blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome dear!!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful recipe cards
    . I have few my own collections too. Hope you like it. Here is the link: http://triflerecipecards.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing book Janie! Those recipes look so yummy and the book itself is inspirational and so beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jane, I see youve not been doing much crafting, I hope the family are keeping well. Love the cook book it will be such a fabulous family legacy to pass on to your children. Love the sceanery I suspect youve been spending time there with hubby in your camper van. take care hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is really amazing! What a great layout for a cookbook and I'm stealing your cowboy stew recipe by the way!! haha! Thank you so much for the kind comment on my blog and for the follow, your work is wonderful so it's my honour to follow you back! see you again soon, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like your cookbook! I can so relate with trying to catch up with things...I've been more late than on time with birthday cards...smile.
    Life has a way of getting too busy...I just kind of go with the flow.
    It's been a while since you posted...Hope all is going fine with you...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just fabulous! What a wonderful gift!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie